Entertainment Weekly’s Q&A, not mine. Boo.
The 19th installment of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series has dropped. Bullet will be bringing the whole gang back together in St. Louis – as opposed to the traveling roadshow and practically novella books.
For me the Anita series is built like a mystery series, which means that as much as possible each book stands alone, so you have a mystery to solve from the beginning to the end of the book. You give the reader a sense of a full meal. But there’s always more crime out there. One of the things about having a character who is now a U.S. marshal, there are always bad gusy out there doing bad things. I never run out of ideas. Every book spawns new ideas for me. I love and enjoy writing Anita and the gang, and I learned something new with every book.
I learned some new things from this interview:
1. When Hamilton plays Christmas music while she writes, that’s bad news.
2. Anita Blake is such a badass character she helps women leave abusive relationships.
3. Anita Blake is such a badass character she helps men leave abusive relationships.
4. Hamilton talks a lot about licking her wounds. Maybe she is a shapeshifter…
Things I learned from her website:
1. Hamilton has dyed her hair.
2. Hamilton has dresses like Anita wears for BDSM scenes.
3. Hamilton enjoys the Renaissance Faire.
4. So does her husband.